- I've written four thesis chapters and a paper, the latter which I am giving at a conference in LA this weekend.
- I traveled to Ohio in late January for a one-week stay that involved plenty of resting, shopping, and wonderfully intense two-year-old niece time.
- I've ridden the job-search roller coaster with little to show for it except a thicker skin and increased determination.
- I've enjoyed every second of my time with the college choir, all in preparation for our final concert this Thursday night.
- I've (nearly) survived my first Pacific Northwest rainy season.
- And last, but not least, I'm pregnant. Thirteen weeks and counting!
In celebration of these many events great and small, I took a break from writing to spend last Saturday at one of my favorite spots, the Nisqually Wildlife Refuge. I embarked on a 6-mile walk in the sunny, 75-degree air and saw (for the first time in the wild!) a pair of bald eagles. They were too far and fast for the camera, but I did snap a few other pics that reminded me how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful part of the world.